My twins are LOVING magnets lately, so I decided to create a harvest-themed magnet activity for them. They played with this for over 30 minutes, which in toddler time is about a million years.
What You Will Need:
- Colorful Foam
- Parchment Paper
- Magnet Stickers
- Drip Pan (OPTIONAL: You can use the refrigerator, dishwasher, etc.)
- Measure parchment paper and cut it to fit whatever surface you are using.
- Draw harvest scene on parchment paper then FLIP OVER so that the marker doesn’t run when touched. I drew cobwebs and a pumpkin patch so we could work on sorting.
*If you kiddos are older, have them draw their own scene!
- Cut foam shapes to fit your scene. I used various sizes to work on matching and comparison.
- Add magnets to back of foam shapes.
*CAUTION: DO NOT LEAVE TODDLERS WITH MAGNET FOAM SHAPES UNATTENDED.
We had so much fun! We sang “Itsy Bitsy Spider,” counted pumpkins, matched by size, and just watched them smile A LOT.
Here are more ways you can expand this activity:
I would love to see your littles having fun with this activity! Post your photos and tag us or #thegracehaven. You will find new activity ideas on our Toddler Activity Page every Tuesday!